The new year is approaching! Here are some tips to improve your warehouse management.
Warehouse Management Improvements
We’re quickly approaching the end of the year and most people are thinking about holiday parties and festivities. While those things are lots of fun, the end of the year is also an excellent time to review your warehouse operations and develop an action plan for the new year.
- Check your warehouse organization: You may feel that your warehouse is well-organized, but throughout the year it is easy for products to be misplaced and overall cleanliness to decline. Making a list of things to organize and clean can be very helpful to get your warehouse in tip-top shape for the new year.
- Get forklifts serviced: Now is a great time to schedule planned maintenance on all of your warehouse equipment. Rolling into the new year with forklifts that are running to the best of their ability will improve your efficiency right from the start.
- Replace Broken Equipment: Once your equipment has all been evaluated and serviced, it's time to look into replacing equipment that no longer works or will, inevitably, stop working in the near future. There is nothing worse for productivity than having more operators that forklifts.
- Rental Equipment: If you will be needing extra equipment for year-end inventory, be sure to contact your rental provider sooner rather than later so they can get you what you need quickly.
- Safety first: This is also a great time of year to re-evaluate all of your current safety protocols. Doing a thorough check of first-aid kits, fire extinguishers, equipment safety features,and signage before January rolls around will help you keep your team members as safe as possible.
- Training for Employees: Whether you do your own training or have someone come in to do it, December is a great time to make sure everyone has gone through all the needed training to keep certifications current and your team working efficiently.
These six warehouse management tips can help you improve efficiency while boosting productivity in the upcoming new year. Just remember that Brauer is here to help if you need us!